Thursday, January 27, 2011

Cirque Bezerk, etc...

So, my doctors appointment was interesting.  Basically one of my tubes is blocked, which I knew, but I was hoping we could rooter it out or something, but unfortunately that juncture is literally a hair's width so that's out, and the other one is curled up and pointing up, far away from where the egg is released, making my chances of getting pregnant without IVF nearly impossible.  On the bright side, The Hubs is very verile, or so says the Doc who commented having 30% viable swimmers is average and The Hubs is at something like 60%.  It explains why my brother in law just has to look at his wife for her to get pregnant (and yes, that's sarcasm).  Also, I have lots of eggs and am otherwise healthy, and better yet, IVF is actually less than I thought it would be.  The Doc recommended Low-Stim IVF which is just under $6k plus meds and an additional test to make sure there is nothing in my uterus that would inhibit my carrying a child. 

Or there's adoption.  The Hubs and I discussed the appointment and how surprised we were about how (relatively) affordable IVF was for 3 minutes and then I we both went off to work and haven't had a chance to talk about it again since.  Even though I had always said I didn't really want to do IVF, I know he would prefer a child of his own, and, well.  I don't know.  I'm going to think about it.  I kinda wish I hadn't bought the nursery bedding last week, because it's for a boy, and, well, who knows. 

In my last post I labeled us as a 'desperate to adopt' couple, but I use that term loosely.  I read a blog that described the 3 types of couples going into the foster care system, since if we adopt we would do it through concurrent planning through the state.  The catagory we identified with was the 'desperate to adopt' catagory, so I went with it.  Although the Hubs and I do want kids, and 5 minutes ago would be nice, we are trying to make informed decisions and do what seems like the best choice.  Whether we adopt now or later, after all the research I've done in the past 3 months I think I'd like to adopt or at least foster at some point any way, I'm just not sure if that point is now.

I know that I won't be doing IVF for at least 6 months (if at all) since I am going to the trainer now and my BFF and I are going to shed our pastry pounds and have rockin' summer bodies!  So, my first session with Andrew (our trainer) went well, and holy cow was I sore the next day, and today too for that matter.  He had me do this thing where I sit on the edge of a chair and keep my back straight and my core tight and stand, then sit down, then stand, again and again, and it seems simple, but wow!  We are supposed to do 1 hour of cardio every day.  Yesterday I cheated and did an hour of 'Just Dance' on the wii, which is so much funby the way (but the key is to follow all the movements not just the hands), and even though I am exercising somewhat and sweaty afterwards, it's not the same.  Today on my lunch break I went to the gym and did 45 minutes on the eliptical thingy where the incline is adjustable.  It's not quite an hour, but it is my lunch HOUR.  I am very proud of myself today for sticking to my diet and not indulging in one of the bagles with cream cheese or doughnuts our vendors bring by at work, but dinner tonight may be another story.

Which brings me to my title subject!  Tonight my BFF is taking me to see Cirque Bezerk for my birthday (last week)!  It's like the circus meets berlesque, I think!  I can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. Just so you know FosterAbba @ The Final maze is not the only one out there who has adopted older children. I have and I have lived to tell the tale ( and one of my kids was considered unadoptable)and we are adopting again. Lisa at Life in the Grateful House and Christine at Welcome to my Brain have also adopted very broken children and through much hard work and love they are healing. There are many, many others who can sing praises of adoption and will all say that it is not the easiest way to a family but it is not all that some bloggers make it out to be. I also struggle with infertility and I understand that longing and that pain. We adopted and I thought that would be enough, some days it is and other days it is not. We still have not made a choice about fertiltiy treatments, to me in it not an either or scenerio, it is I have 2 great kids through adoption, I want more kids, some will come through adoption and if I am really lucky another may come from my womb... but it may not. Whatever you decided make sure that you are well informed of the wonderful things as well as the hard ones.

    ReplyDelete